The Best Plantation Shutter: Which One is Right for You?
Are you looking for the best plantation shutter for your home? Choosing the right one can be overwhelming with so many options available on the market. In this article, we’ll break down what each type of plantation shutter is best at to help you make an informed decision.
Here’s each type of plantation shutter and what it’s best at:
- Best for stain colors. No other type of shutters can be stained like real wood shutters.
- Best custom color match. Real wood shutters can be painted or stained in any color.
- Best for fitting around unusual obstructions. They can be carved to fit around things like window cranks and window locks.
- Best for a lower price than real wood shutters. They look like real wood shutters but at a lower price.
- Best for higher moisture areas. The exterior coating on composite shutters is moisture-resistant.
- Best for high-sun areas. The exterior coating on most composite shutters is highly resistant to UV rays. The inside material resists heat the best.
- Best for being the lowest-cost shutter. If you don’t mind the look of vinyl shutters, you can save a little over the other shutters.
- Best for being waterproof. Vinyl shutters are fully plastic.
- Best for rugged durability. Vinyl shutters are made from high-impact plastic.
- Best for insulation. It is made from a poly-foam material, which insulates the best of any shutter.
- Best for stability. The aluminum core ensures you will never have sagging louvers.
- Best finish. The baked-on enamel is a very smooth car-like finish.
Choosing the best plantation shutter for your home can be a daunting task,
By knowing what each type of shutter is best at, you can make an informed decision. Whether you’re looking for stain colors, custom color matches, fitting around unusual obstructions, moisture resistance, UV resistance, low cost, waterproof, rugged durability, insulation, stability, or a smooth finish, there’s a plantation shutter that’s perfect for your home.
Who sells the best plantation shutters?
At New View Blinds and Shutters, we offer a wide selection of plantation shutters to fit any style and budget. Contact us today to schedule a free in-home consultation with one of our experts and find the best plantation shutter for your home.
Send us your measurements for a quick quote
Bring home the beauty of custom window coverings with a convenient on-site, no-pressure consultation from New View Blinds and Shutters. We will offer you low everyday honest pricing on a huge selection of shutters, shades, blinds, and more. Please use our decades of experience to find your perfect window coverings!
Read our articles
In today’s world, where energy conservation and environmental responsibility are crucial, making your home more energy-efficient is a top priority.
Roman shades are a classic window treatment option that can add a touch of elegance and timeless beauty to any room in your home.
When shopping for new window treatments, Hunter Douglas Roller Shades are a top choice for homeowners who want to add elegance and functionality to their homes.
As we age, our need for privacy increases. We value our alone time and want to enjoy our personal space without the intrusion of outside noise, prying eyes, or unwanted sunlight.
New View prices were considerably below any of the other bids we received. Ray and Leah were very straightforward in their presentation and were NOT “pushy” salespeople in the least.