PolyCore Shutters- Your most durable shutter
PolyCore is the world’s only solid synthetic shutter with a co-extruded aluminum core. This ensures that your shutters will never warp or sag in extreme conditions. PolyCore shutters have a baked-on waterborne paint with a 25-year warranty and are both fire retardant and moisture resistant. In addition to offering a high insulation value against heat and cold, they are easy to clean and maintain. See our article: PolyCore Shutters are the best all-around shutter for Colorado.
PolyCore custom plantation shutters are beautiful, high quality, and elegant. PolyCore has the graceful look of wood plantation shutters, but the strength and durability of a synthetic. You can have the best of both worlds! They are beautiful, upscale shutters with a modern flair. With an elegant elliptical louver profile, these plantation shutters are an excellent choice for the homeowner who wants it all. Your New View Blinds & Shutters consultant will help you choose the right shutter options for you. See our PolyCore shutters brochure..
Major features of PolyCore Custom Plantation Shutters include:
• Aluminum reinforced louvers, rails, and stiles make this shutter as straight as an arrow.
• Louvers available in 2-1/2, 3-1/2, and 4-1/2 widths for a spacious “plantation shutters” look.
• Shutters are actually screwed together for superior strength
• Elliptical louver profile
• Superb light, noise, and temperature control
• Fire Resistant
• Fully repairable! Perfect for Commercial Applications.
• Lots of frame choices
• Manufacturer’s 25-year limited warranty
• Odd-shaped windows such as arches, slant tops, hexagons, and octagons are available with a sunburst or standard horizontal louvers.
• Bypass or bi-Fold track shutters are available for sliding glass doors, room dividers, or very wide windows
• Polycore shutters have received both the GREENGUARD® Indoor Air Quality and the coveted GREENGUARD® Children & Schools certifications.
Knowing the Difference between PolyCore Shutters and all other types of Plantation Shutters
PolyCore custom plantation shutters are different than any other synthetic shutter. Aluminum reinforcing is co-extruded with the shutter components (see pictures). This provides for a very strong, rigid, durable shutter that will not bow, warp, peel, crack, or need repainting. Further, unlike other poly shutters that are only glued together, PolyCore’s aluminum reinforcing allows for them to be BOLTED together. PolyCore is highly resistant to the environment and is a great choice for areas that will get wet such as showers. Their durability makes them a great choice for shutters over sliding glass doors.
One other quality item to note is the finish. PolyCore custom plantation shutters have a baked-on waterborne finish. The shutter materials are actually painted before they are built into a shutter. This means that the painting process can be highly controlled. All materials are laid flat and painted in a computerized, state-of-the-art painting and fabrication facility. This allows for a very even, smooth coat of paint.
Why PolyCore Shutters are better than PolyWood Shutters™
• PolyCore’s aluminum core makes wider louver lengths possible, making the option of wider panels available for a cleaner and less obscured view out of the window. Many PolyWood ™ shutters are limited to around 28 inches wide. However, PolyCore plantation shutters can have panel widths up to 36 inches wide!
• PolyCore has a harder material surface, reducing the likelihood of dings and dents.
• PolyCore has stronger joints at the stile and rail. PolyCore is bolted/screwed together versus glued. The screw-together format is the strongest possible format for assembling shutter panels, also allowing for simple unscrewing to replace a louver if it becomes damaged.
• No hole strip that can slide up or down in the stile causing uneven gaps between louvers and rails. PolyCore offers a co-extruded one-part stile so no cracks are seen between the stile and the whole strip.
• Colors have been developed to match customers’ decor and are highly versatile.
PolyWood ™ shutters have a rubber flap between the stiles that require closing the shutter panels at the same time. This rubber flap has been known to become stuck together over time due to heat. PolyCore’s stile has a precise bevel that allows each panel to be opened and closed independently, yet still providing light control.
When you buy PolyCore Shutters from New View Blinds & Shutters, you will greatly increase the value of your Colorado home thanks to their cutting-edge features, unmatched beauty, and high-quality workmanship.
At New View Blinds & Shutters we take all the appropriate measurements and expertly install the Shutters for you! Contact us today for a quote.
We will be happy to visit your home at your convenience to assist you in making the right decision for your new PolyCore Shutters!
Send us your measurements for a quick quote
Bring home the beauty of custom window coverings with a convenient on-site, no-pressure consultation from New View Blinds and Shutters. We will offer you low everyday honest pricing on a huge selection of shutters, shades, blinds, and more. Please use our decades of experience to find your perfect window coverings!
Read our articles
In today’s world, where energy conservation and environmental responsibility are crucial, making your home more energy-efficient is a top priority.
Roman shades are a classic window treatment option that can add a touch of elegance and timeless beauty to any room in your home.
When shopping for new window treatments, Hunter Douglas Roller Shades are a top choice for homeowners who want to add elegance and functionality to their homes.